On 06 Nov 2019, Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBIO) noted a down move of -1.54% in most recent trading session with finishing price of $5.74. The company negotiated 89788 shares compared to an average volume of 120.96K shares. EPS growth for this year is 64.00% and EPS growth for next year is estimated to reach at 12.30%. EPS growth in past five years was 63.40%.
Catalyst Biosciences, Inc. (CBIO) recently reported its operating and financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019 and provided a corporate update.
Third Quarter 2019 Results and Financial Highlights:
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments, as of September 30, 2019 were $85.0M.
- Research and development expenses were $9.9M and $5.6M during the three months ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively, a raise of $4.4M, or 78%. The increase was due primarily to a raise of $1.7M in clinical and manufacturing development as the Company continued to advance the development of the MarzAA and DalcA product candidates, a raise of $1.6M in preclinical research inclusive of projects supportive of the product candidates, and a raise of $1.0M in personnel-related costs.
- General and administrative expenses were $3.3M and $2.8M during the three months ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively, a raise of $0.5M, or 18%. The increase was Because of a raise in professional services driven by corporate activities.
- Interest and other income was $0.5M and $0.7M during the three months ended September 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. The decrease was Because of lower average cash equivalent and short-term investments balances during the 2019 period.
- Net loss attributable to ordinary stockholders for the three-months ended September 30, 2019 was $12.7M, or ($1.06) per basic and diluted share, contrast with $7.7M, or ($0.64) per basic and diluted share, for the previousyear period.
- As of September 30, 2019, the Company had 12,029,992 shares of ordinary stock outstanding.
The stock as of last trading session moved at 26.99% from its 52-week low and was trading at -49.85% to its 52-week high. CBIO price added at 5.10% from 20-Days Simple Moving Average, surged at 0.46% from 50-Days Simple Moving Average and settled at -24.91% from 200 Days Simple Moving Average.